- Technology Resources
Sarah Unruh, Catherina Chu, Karen Johnson, Mary Millman, Ashley Sealock, Allie Lemas, Kristin Willis, Kim Calvert, Betsy Schreiber
Our school has access to thousands of electronic books through a website called Mackin. Just go to...
and login with the following information to share the joy of reading anytime.
Welcome to Kindergarten!
WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON?
- NY Readers Workshop: Minilessons and Independent reading time.
Read Aloud: Teacher reads to students, modeling reading strategies.
Word Study and Phonics
Shared Reading: Teacher and students reading together
- NY Writers Workshop:
Fall: Personal Narrative- Writing about our own lives across pages
Winter: Informational- Writing teaching books and how-to books
Spring: Persuasive/ Informational- Writing opinion pieces and an All-About book
Envision Math program
Eight Mathematical Practices
Science, Social Studies, STEM:
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines:
SCIENCE - (Twig, Mystery Science, and teacher created materials)
TECHNOLOGY - (Common Sense Media)
ENGINEERING - (Project Lead the Way)
MATH - (Eureka Math, Zearn)
- We focus on uppercase and lowercase letter formation. We practice hand position, pencil grip, and correct directionality while forming letters.
- Our Art Docent program is amazing! We are so lucky to have this program at our school. Parent volunteers attend art lessons and teach the lesson to our students each month.
KINDERGARTEN TRAFFIC VIDEO
HELP YOUR CHILD GET OFF TO A GREAT START EACH DAY!
There are many things you can do at home to ensure your child gets off to a great start on the first day and everyday!
- Observe appropriate bedtimes. Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep.
- Eat a healthy breakfast each morning.
- Pack your child's Kindergarten bag before bedtime so it's ready to go in the morning.
- Set aside a block of time each day to devote to homework and reading.
- Share your own positive experiences about school with your child.
- Ask your child specific questions about their day.
Our philosophy as kindergarten teachers at Quail Run Elementary School is to teach your children the skills they need to be successful in kindergarten, and prepare them with a strong academic foundation. Our curriculum emphasizes academic, social, physical, and emotional development taught within a nurturing, engaging environment. Since each student arrives on the first day of kindergarten at a different stage of readiness, we teach these skills at a level appropriate to the development of each child. We want to help your child maintain a positive self-image and develop responsibility and independence that will support them throughout their academic career!
Below are links for access to Dreambox Learning Math for Students to use at home. It can be accessed via a computer with the Student Portal or iPad with the Clever app.
The FAIR Act
The California Education Code has been updated over time to make sure that the role and contributions of members of underrepresented racial, ethnic and cultural groups to the economic, political, and social development of California and the United States are included in history and social studies lessons. The FAIR Education Act amends the Education Code by mandating California schools to also include the contributions of people with disabilities and members of the LGBT community in the curriculum.
For more information click below